Your Home Buying Plan
1. Choose Your Representative
Even if you’re just thinking of buying a home, contacting a real estate agent can provide a wealth of valuable resources. You can get access to a wide range of information that will allow you to be prepared when you are ready to make the next step.
2. Find Your Price Range
The best way to find out your price range is to speak to your lender. A mortgage pre-approval will assure that you are ready to purchase a home. It will also allow you to develop a budget and know exactly what to look for when searching for a home.
3. Know What you Want
Develop clear specifications on the type of home you want. This includes: price, neighborhood, accessibility, distance to work, schools, etc. Knowing what you want will put you one step closer to finding the home of your dreams!
Questions to Ask Yourself When Searching for Your Next Home
Answering the following questions will help you determine the most important features you'd like in your next home. It’s important to prioritize your needs in housing and also recognize that compromising on less important features will help to narrow your selection of homes. Remember, there is no “perfect” house.
- Are there features in your current home that you would like in your next home? What are they?
- Do you have a floor plan preference?
- Do you prefer a single-story, two-story, or multi-level living space?
- Do you want a yard?
- How many bedrooms?
- How many bathrooms?
- What would be the most compelling reason for you to purchase a particular property?
- Which of these amenities would be nice to have but not necessary?
- What in your current home would you like to change?
- What other amenities would you like? Be sure to prioritize those items.
4. Find your Dream Home!
Once you know exactly what you want and your price range, you will be surprised how much your buying representative will be able to assist you. Before you know it, you will be waking up in the home you’ve always dreamed of!